- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools.
Operate hoisting and lifting devices, such as cranes, jacks and tractors to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery.
Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions.
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and preumatic systems.
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts.
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul,maintenance or set-up of machinery.
- Clean, lubricate and performe other routine maintenance work on machinery.
- Construct foundations for machinery or direct other workers to construct foundations.
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- Able to process purchasing documentation
- Track, monitor and maintain purchase order deliveries and liaise with Production to administer changes with minimal impact to production schedules
- Communicate, evaluate, and approve vendors to ascertain their ability to meet company requirements, goals and objectives
- Negotiate prices, credit terms, and discounts and delivery arrangements with suppliers
- Expedite problems with suppliers and vendors regarding costs, quality, quantity and delivery of goods purchased
- Is informed of new sources of supply for materials and services
- Performs on-going review of products, services, equipments and expense usage to identify new opportunities for cost savings
- Resolves invoicing discrepancies with accounting dept.
- 8-10 years purchasing experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Sound working knowledge of Excel, Word and other MS Office Software
- Hands on knowledge of purchasing and material planning concepts
- Proven organizational, negotiation, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings required
The following qualifications are pre-requisites for this position:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in production of one-off parts
- CNC Machinist: Mill/Lathe – Setup and Operate - check tolerances (0.001”)
- Experience with Mitsubushi, Haas and Fanuc Controls an asset
- Ability to set up new work, check programs, diagnose and correct machine problems unsurpervised
- Reading and understanding blue prints
- Perform regular maintenance of machines and maintain a clean working area
- Must be well organized and very reliable
- Experience and machinist skills a must
Electrician/Electrical Control Panel Builder
- At least 2+ years’ experience in building electrical control panels/machine wiring
- Proficient in reading & interpreting electrical drawings/schematics in-line with building electrical control panels & machine wirings
- Assemble, wire, mount different components on machine/panel back plates, prepare cut-outs, installing junction boxes, etc.
- Layout & wire different components within & between electrical cabinets & machines
- Own basic tools (tester, screwdrivers, pliers, wire stripper, metal files, etc.) to be used for building electrical control panels
- Safe use of tools (hand tools & power tools)
- Testing & troubleshooting, assist in powering machineries
- Perform other tasks that maybe assigned from time to time
- Willing to work overtime/weekends as required
- Preferably with 309A/442A license
Holding a Mechanical Technologist or Engineering degree with at least 5 years experience in Mechanical Design of custom-engineered machinery. Candidate should exhibit an innovative approach to ensure cost effective design and design parameters including layouts, dimensions and materials. Experience with plastic extrusion machinery or web-handling equipment would be a definite asset. The candidate posses a team player attitude and strong communication abilities with high regard to customer focus. Must be a creative independent thinker. Skills must include solid knowledge of Inventor and AutoCAD.
5 -10 years’ experience in:
- Electrical Design: machine and process
- Control Panels design
- Safety Systems design and implementation
- Components selection and specification
- Machine and process wiring, commissioning
- Start up and commissioning of key-turn operations
- Deep knowledge and application of pneumatic systems
- Servo systems installation, programming, tuning, startup and commissioning – international travel required
- Installation, programming and troubleshooting of:
- PLC: Allan Bradley : Control Logix/ RS Logix , Siemens S7 300, , S7 1500, Omron CJ series…..,
- HMI: Allan Bradley, Siemens,
- Instrumentation: Siemens, Omron, Weidmuller, Phoenix, …
- Selection of components, designing, wiring, programming, tuning and commissioning of servo systems
- Selection, installation, setup, programming, and evaluation of safety control systems Cat I to Cat IV.
- P.Eng an asset but not necessary,